Saturday, October 22, 2011

novelist {rachel's edition}

{via pinterest}
sum up your novel in five words or less.
music. eyes. ruins. luggage. freedom. 



{yes, i'm fully aware that my list could not be more disjointed. but there's a beauty in that, i think.}
 
Novel title?

current title: Cut Loose
be aware, this could change. it usually does. 


 Sum up your main character(s) in one word each.
Coleen: freedom

Allistar: passion


{names pending and subject to change. A LOT}

Advice for newbies in three words?

never give up.
 
Tell us about your secondary characters, how do they affect the story?
honestly, i'm not exactly sure yet. i'm already having problems with my secondary male lead running away with himself. i'm feeling the creeping fingers of frustration slipping over me already, and it's still nine days before we start. this may not be a good thing.

Do you plan to stay up till midnight on the 31st?

yes. i always do. i would be far too excited about starting to actually sleep anyway. so i stay up and write until i crash, wake up, and write more and more and more. 

{via pinterest}


How many years have you done NaNo?
three. 2009, i completed 50,216 words. 2010, i barely scraped 10,000. this year will be the best of them all.

What came first, characters, or plot idea?
characters. i have only the barest scraps of plot.

How much prep do you do before November?

quite a bit, actually. having my NaNo pinterest board as a springboard has truly helped me a great deal. it's been nice to be able to mentally coordinate and physically view my ideas as they come together. 


Now be honest, how do you really feel about NaNo?
in a word: terrified. i always get this way before NaNo though. it's a beautiful kind of fear, the kind that will spur me on to the completion of this novel. i'm more than a little excited, as well. i cannot wait to see what November brings me. 



-blessings abound,
rachel

2 comments:

  1. love your pininterest board! Especially the gypsy red. :) You sound like you've got enough to go on but not be too cramped in terms of changing directions. I'm excited to hear about the journey! I've never done nanowrimo. I keep saying... next year, I'll do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool. I know how you feel, I'm always changing the names of my characters. Sometimes unconsciously.

    ReplyDelete